Monday, February 2, 2015

Winter Wonderland

Today school was canceled. Since it is winter school is canceled sometimes because it snowed outside. Snow is white and fun to play in. First i went outside and built a snowman. Then I saw my classmates and they asked me to have a snowball fight. Before it go too dark out, I went sledding with my brother.

Vocabulary/Definitions
- canceled: when a planned event does not take place
- winter: a season that is cold during December, January, February and March
-snow: white, cold powder
- snowman: a figure that is made out of snow
- snowball fight: a game where snow is thrown friends
- sledding: sliding down a mountain using a sled

Fill in the blank. Use the words and definitions above to complete the sentence. 
- There was supposed to be a concert on Wednesday, but there is not anymore because it was ______________.
- Since it was ____________, I knew to pack my gloves.
- During the _______________________ I hit John in the knee with snow.
- Do you want to build a _____________________ ?
- When there is white powder on the ground it must be ___________________.
- When we get to the park we need to walk up the hill first so we can go ____________________.

Grammar Point:
The beginnings of words may be similar. These are called per-fixes. Snow is the pre-fix for snowball, and snowman. This pre-fix gives you a hint that the word is related to activity with  snow.





1 comment:

  1. Good entry! It would be good to add some pictures to it for snow, snowman, sled, etc. Again, you need to add a grammar point.

    ReplyDelete