Tuesday, February 10, 2015

Dinner Please!
Tonight I could not decide what to make dinner so I went out to a restaurant. When I walked in I was greeted by the hostess, who showed me to my table. I looked through to menu until I found what I wanted to ordered. I waited for the waitress to come take my order. I was very excited when sandwich arrived. I picked up my silverware and began eating! When I was done eating the waitress brought over the bill. I left the money for the bill on the table. I was sure to take my leftovers when I left, so that I would have something for dinner the next night.

Vocabulary:
restaurant (noun): a place where meals are served
hostess (noun): an employee of a restaurant that shows the costumer to their seat.
waitress (noun):n employee of a restaurant that helps the costumer order their food.
menu (noun):a list of food that you could order at a restaurant
silverware (noun): items that are used to eat
bill (noun): a statement of money that is owed.


Vocabulary Exercise:
In the word search below try to locate the vocabulary words listed above.


Grammar Point:
A noun is a person, place or thing. In the paragraph above the hostess and waitress were nouns since they are people. A restaurant is a place therefore it is also a noun. A menu and silverware are nouns since they things. Now you try to come up with 3 nouns (1 person, 1 place and 1 thing). Once you have come up with 3 nouns, try to put them all into one sentence!


No comments:

Post a Comment