Tuesday, February 10, 2015

In The Past 

Since this paragraph is all about what i did yesterday, this paragraph is all about the past. Yesterday was Monday and I woke up very early. I made sure to get dressed fast because i didn't want to be late for work. Once I was dressed, I brushed my teeth and combed my hair. I grabbed my lunchbox and was out the door. I walked into my classroom and was greeted by my students. I worked till 2:45 and went home to get ready all over again for my night class.

Vocabulary: 
dressed(verb): to put on clothes
brushed(verb): to scrub
combed(verb): to smooth or arrange
grabbed(verb): to hold something
walked(verb): a way of moving
greeted(verb): to welcome someone

Vocabulary Exercise:


Grammar Point:
When writing about things in the past we add an -ed to the ending. The -ed ending tells the reader that we have done this already. For example in the sentence, I washed my car, tells the reader that I my car was washed in the part, meaning it has been done. If i said I will wash the car, this means that has not been not yet.

Grammar Exercise:
Please visit the website below and click on past tense worksheet to practice!
Past Tense Practice







No comments:

Post a Comment